7/10. Soothing tune that makes you feel at peace. The lyrics of the song is one that many can relate to, just wanting to be enough and to stand up on their own when situations look bleak. A very simple song yet when used in the right circumstances can have a great effect, for example at the right timing of a movie.
p/s: The video is not meant to spread Christianity, it is merely a nice video that do go well with the music and add a bit of humour in our mundane lives.
Bits of info:
1. Alternative rock band from San Diego, California.
2. Band members consist of Jon Foreman, Tim Foreman, Chad Butler, Jerome Fontamillas and Drew Shirley.
3. The name of the band is a surfing term as all members of the band love to surf. To switch your feet means to take a new stance facing the opposite direction; a different way in approaching life and music.
4. Switchfoot was founded as Chin Up by Jon Foreman along with his brother and Chad Butler in 1996.
5. They started off with contemporary Christian music as Sparrow Records bought over Re: think which the band was signed to.
6. Learning to Breathe was their first most successful album as it received a Grammy nomination for Best Rock Gospel Album.
7. Since then they have won plenty ASCAP awards, GMA Dove awards and San Diego music awards.
8. Switchfoot’s music was featured prominently in the movie A Walk to Remember. Their song Only Hope was sang by Mandy Moore, a singer and actress who starred in the movie.
9. The band has always disagreed with being referred to as a Christian Band as faith is not a genre.
10. Their official website is www.switchfoot.com