Found this in my drafts from last year and though time has passed I’m still lost for words as to how to describe it. All I know is that although this song is an oldie, this song never failed to make me sing along. It is one of the all time greatest love songs, a song that will be passed on from one generation to another. The lyrics are simple yet enough to express how a person feels when they are in love. It will definitely come in handy for those who have a hard time expressing their feelings. A 9/10.
Bits of info:
- Trademark was formed by 2 teenage cousins Oliver Horton and Stuart Meads and was later on joined by Paul Soulsby.
- The pair used to play together as children under the names of Technobeat and The Singing Sheep.
- This song is actually Lonestar’s biggest hit in 1999, a crossover hit that reached Number One on both the country charts and the Billboard Hot 100, becoming the first single to do so since Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton’s “Islands in the Stream” in 1983.
- Lonestar is an American country music group consisting of Cody Collins (lead vocals, acoustic guitar), Michael Britt (lead guitar, background vocals), Keech Rainwater (drums) and Dean Sams (keyboards, melodica, background vocals).
- The group has also recorded eight studio albums and a Greatest Hits compilation where three of their albums have been certified gold, while three more have been certified platinum or higher.